Little Red Riding Hood
This week’s learning continues to use the online resources on Oak National Academy- see the separate information sheets that we have emailed to your grown ups. (The link is on the Home Learning Page).
Our learning this week is based around the story of Little Red Riding Hood.
You can listen to the story here:
or you can use the Power Point of the story (see below in the resource list at the bottom of the page)
There are lots of activities for you to have a go at, the ones that have a printable sheet are provided and marked (S):
- Talk to a grown up about what happened in the story. What happened at the beginning, in the middle and at the end? Which part of the story was your favourite? Why?
- Colour in the stick puppets of the different characters in the story. Cut them out and glue or tape them to a lollipop stick or a pencil. Use them to retell the story. Think about how the different characters will speak!
- Draw a picture of your favourite part of the story and write about it?
- Where does the story take place? (setting). Who is the main character? What are the main events in the story? Use the story review writing frame- draw pictures and write labels or captions (S)
- What might the different characters have said in the story. Use the speech bubbles to write in (S)
- Can you match the describing words to the correct character in the story? Who was scared? Who was brave? Who was scary? Who was old? Use the cut and stick character description sheet and sort them (S)
- Play the board game to take Little Red Riding Hood through the forest to her Grandma’s cottage. Roll the dice and count the squares carefully! (S)
- In Little Red Riding Hood’s basket are 10 cookies. How many different ways can you put the 10 cookies onto 2 plates? (S)
- Try the Little Red Riding Hood Maze. Follow the path carefully with your pencil. (S)
- EYFS Home Learning Challenge (S)
- Can you make Little Red Riding Hood a new basket to hold the food? Which material is the best to use? Science activity- A Basket of Food (S)
- Prompt card for A Basket of Food
- Little Red Riding Hood wants to visit her grandma but it is raining! She needs a new cape to keep her warm and dry. Science activity- A new cape for Red Riding Hood
- Prompt card for A new cape for Red Riding Hood
- Can you make your own wolf? You could draw or paint a picture or make a collage.
- Listen to The 7 Days of the Week song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tx0rvuXIRg
- Can you order the days of the week? Use the cut and stick activity sheet (S)
Keep safe, keep smiling and happy learning!
Lots of love Mrs Lodge, Mrs Perry, Mrs Green, Mrs Hill and Mrs Mercer xxxxx