Please hand home learning in by a Wednesday
Home Learning Logs
- Children choose activities that they'd like to complete - with a minimum expectation given (depending on their key stage).
- Activities set will cover a range of skills and be based on class work or outdoor learning opportunities. (i.e. write, make, create, draw, design, visit)
- The children choose their own method to present their learning.
- The tasks will be open ended.
- The children should use no more than two double page spreads for each activity.
- There is no one right way of presenting the work.
- It is up to your child to decide the best ways of sharing their learning.
- It is hoped that they will be creative and imaginative, choosing different ways to present what they know. For example:
- A mixture of writing, pictures, computer generated work, tables, maps etc
- Sticking down folded-up sheets
- Flaps with questions, with the answers, information or pictures underneath.
- Making things pop-up.
- Fold out mini zig-zag books.
What are the Benefits of Learning Logs?
- The children take the lead role in sharing and developing their knowledge and understanding and displaying this in a range of styles.
- Develops independence.
- The children can learn in their preferred style.
- The work is driven by the child and not the teacher, parent or carer.
- Children, parents and carers are brought together.
- They are fun!
How to help at home...
- You do not need to provide lots of expensive equipment but it would be helpful to have the essentials available such as, a pencil, pencil crayons, glue, a rubber, scissors.
- Encouragement of creativity without adding pressure!
- There will be “good” times to do this work but last thing on the evening before the books are due to be returned is probably not one of them!
- Give children time to talk about what they have to do – explaining and discussing the task will help your child to understand
- Offer ideas on how to present the work
- Give children a space to work which is away from other distractions.
- Continue with hearing your child read at home.
|HT1 - Home Learning 2019 whiston all about me||[doc 86KB]|
|HT2 - Home Learning Log - Autumn Two||[doc 85KB]|
|Home Learning Log - Spring One||[doc 86KB]|