During this term, we will be learning about animals and their babies.
This week, we are learning about African animals in the story of Handa's Surprise.
You can watch and listen to the story on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyIV_xYi0as
or use the power point of the story (S).
There are lots of activities for you to have a go at, the ones that can be done on a printable sheet are provided and marked below (S):
- Choose one of the animals in the story. Can you describe it to your grown up? Think carefully about the describing words you use. Did they guess it from your clues? Have another go.
- Can you draw a picture of your favourite animal in the story and write labels or write sentences to describe it?
- Label the picture of Handa (S)
- Can you match the animal to the fruit they took out of Handa's basket? (S)
- Design a mask for one of the animals in the story. Can you have a go at making it?
- Design a new container for Handa to carry her fruit in. Can you make it using your construction kit? (S)
- Cutting skills are very important. Can you cut out the animal and fruit pictures and stick them onto a sheet of paper? Write a name label for each one underneath it. (S)
- You are really good with numbers and the order they come in. Can you find the missing numbers in the African animal missing number activities? (S) (S)
- Weighing objects with your hands- use your hands to find out which object is the heaviest and which is the lightest. (S)
- Don’t forget, we can count ANYTHING! So make sure that you practise counting reliably and have a go at writing the numerals 1-20, too.
- Can you go on a Letter Scavenger Hunt outside and find lots of different things beginning with letters f, g, h, i, j, k and l?
- The exciting phonics lessons that you can watch on YouTube each morning Monday-Friday are continuing this week. I know you’ll join in and show your grown-ups and brothers and sisters just how clever you are!
- You could also try Dough Disco- the link for the Youtube page is on the home learning page under useful websites. If you don't have any playdough, have ago at making some following the simple recipe! (on the Home Learning page)
We really are missing our FS2 Superstars and it makes us so happy to see the emails and photos you are sending in! Mrs Perry or Mrs Lodge will be ringing you this week and can’t wait to talk to you to find out what you've been doing in your learning!
Keep safe, keep smiling and enjoy your learning!
Lots of love
Mrs Lodge, Mrs Perry, Mrs Green, Mrs Hill and Mrs Mercer xxx