On the Farm
During this term, we will be learning about animals and their babies. This week, we will be reading The Little Red Hen. You can either ask a grown up to read it to you, or you can have a go at reading it yourself.
There are lots of activities for you to have a go at, the ones that can be done on a printable sheet are provided and marked below (S):
- Can you draw a picture of the Little Red Hen and have a go at writing your own story? Or you could write a sentence about the story or label your picture.
- Which farm animal baby belongs to which mummy? Can you find out? (S)
- Can you design your own farm? Have a go at cutting out the animals and make a poster. Can you label it? (S)
- You could use your design and build it using any construction you have such as lego.
- The weather is beautiful, can you go on a Letter Scavenger Hunt outside and find lots of different things beginning with letters a,b,c,d and e?
- You are becoming really good at naming 2D shapes so have a go at making a farm animal using the shapes. (S) Can you chat about the shapes you have used to your grown-up?
- Don’t forget, we can count ANYTHING! So make sure that you practise counting reliably and have a go at writing the numerals 1-20, too.
- Parents have been sent an email telling you all about some really exciting phonics lessons that you will be able to watch on YouTube each morning. I know you’ll join in and show your grown-ups and brothers and sisters just how clever you are!
- You could also try Dough Disco- the link for the Youtube page is on the home learning page under useful websites. If you don't have any playdough, have ago at making some following the simple recipe!
We really are missing our little Superstars and it makes us so happy to see the emails and photos you are sending in! Mrs Perry will be ringing you this week and can’t wait to talk to you!
Keep safe, keep smiling and enjoy your learning!
Lots of love
Mrs Lodge, Mrs Perry, Mrs Green, Mrs Hill and Mrs Mercer xxx
|Animals and their young Matching activity.pdf||[pdf 1MB]|
|My Farm Cut-Outs.pdf||[pdf 2MB]|
|My Farm Poster A4.pdf||[pdf 18KB]|
|Shape chick.pdf||[pdf 493KB]|
|Shape animal.pdf||[pdf 234KB]|
|The Little Red Hen PDF.pdf||[pdf 7MB]|