Here are some useful links to help with lots of different subjects:
Classroom Secrets Kids- https://classroomsecrets.co.uk/home-online-learning/ You have the option of signing up for a free trial. However, at the bottom of the page we have also uploaded the pack. Try to complete one maths sheet and one SPAG sheet every day. The answer booklet is attached too (but no peeking!)
Twinkl - https://www.twinkl.co.uk/ This is usually a subscription only resource however, can be accessed for free using the code UKTWINKLHELPS. Parents/carers will need to set up an account using their email address. It is full of resources, sheets and powerpoints linked to all areas of the curriculum. Have fun exploring all the different areas.
Kahoot- https://kahoot.com/schools-u/ Sign up for free using your own email address and password. Search for an area of interest to you and complete the quizzes.
Discovery Espresso: https://www.discoveryeducation.co.uk/ select login > select espresso > enter the username: student27320 password: whiston18
This gives you access to lots of resources for lots of different subject areas!
Summer Week 2
Hello Year 2,
This week I have made a timetable for each day so that you can easily see what resources you can use each day. Remember you don't have to use this timetable you could create your own. You might not even get all of the activites completed but that is absolutely fine. The most important thing is that you have fun!
|Week 2 timetable.docx||[docx 17KB]|
|Week 2 letter.docx||[docx 78KB]|
Hello Year 2,
I hope you have had a lovely Easter holiday and had chance to relax, spend time with your loved ones and make lots of new memories. I certainly have enjoyed being out in the garden, walking my beautiful dog Boss and having some scrumptious BBQ's.
For next week (week commencing 20.04.20) I have planned some more activities for you to have a go at, including maths, writing and topic (foundation subjects). For reading please continue to use EPIC books (click your mailbox as I have added some new ones there) and read books that you have at home too. If you look at each section of the website there are different activities with explanations and links to the activities for each day. I have also uploaded an example of a daily timetable so that you can keep some structure and routine to your day. See the timetable below.
I hope you enjoy this week’s learning and please remember to email school or tag @whistonjandi if you want to share any of your learning with myself and other teachers at school. I will also be ringing grown-ups this week to see how you are getting on so listen out for the phone ringing.
I miss you all and the smiles you bring to the classroom each day and I'd like you to remember that I'm proud of all you are doing.
Remember to keep smiling and keep being safe.
All the best
Miss Burgin, Mrs Campbell and Miss Thompson
So school is closing for a while,
But our learning will not stop, just change a little in style.
There's a nasty virus which we don't want you to get,
So it's best to stay at home but try not to be upset.
It's ok to feel scared and sad,
Things may be different but not everything is bad.
I will sometimes be at home and you will be at yours
So remember to carry on with learning have fun and help with chores.
Be sure to write a timetable of what you need to do each day,
Incude some Maths and English tasks and don't forget to play.
Whilst many things are changing some remain the same,
I am still your class teacher and Year 2 is our name.
We'll help support each other and stay in touch for sure,
Once everything is back to normal we'll open up our door.
We'll all be back together again at school with lots to do,
But for now keep checking the website for activities just for you.
Here is an idea of our usual day in school
Try to complete an activity for each subject every day. Keep your learning safe so we can share what we have done at home once we're back in school. Or take pictures of your learning and send it to the school email or tag us on twitter, we'd love to see what you're up to!
Home Learning Logs
- Children choose activities that they'd like to complete - with a minimum expectation given (depending on their key stage).
- Activities set will cover a range of skills and be based on class work or outdoor learning opportunities. (i.e. write, make, create, draw, design, visit)
- The children choose their own method to present their learning.
- The tasks will be open ended.
- The children should use no more than two double page spreads for each activity.
- There is no one right way of presenting the work.
- It is up to your child to decide the best ways of sharing their learning.
- It is hoped that they will be creative and imaginative, choosing different ways to present what they know. For example:
- A mixture of writing, pictures, computer generated work, tables, maps etc
- Sticking down folded-up sheets
- Flaps with questions, with the answers, information or pictures underneath.
- Making things pop-up.
- Fold out mini zig-zag books.
What are the Benefits of Learning Logs?
- The children take the lead role in sharing and developing their knowledge and understanding and displaying this in a range of styles.
- Develops independence.
- The children can learn in their preferred style.
- The work is driven by the child and not the teacher, parent or carer.
- Children, parents and carers are brought together.
- They are fun!
How to help at home...
- You do not need to provide lots of expensive equipment but it would be helpful to have the essentials available such as, a pencil, pencil crayons, glue, a rubber, scissors.
- Encouragement of creativity without adding pressure!
- There will be “good” times to do this work but last thing on the evening before the books are due to be returned is probably not one of them!
- Give children time to talk about what they have to do – explaining and discussing the task will help your child to understand
- Offer ideas on how to present the work
- Give children a space to work which is away from other distractions.
- Continue with hearing your child read at home.
|HT1 - Home Learning 2019 whiston all about me.doc||[doc 86KB]|
|HT2 - Home Learning Log - Autumn Two.doc||[doc 85KB]|
|Home Learning Log - Spring One.doc||[doc 86KB]|
|HT4 - Home Learning Plastic Pollution 2020.pdf||[pdf 389KB]|