Summer 2- Week 7- WB 13/07/20
Hello Year 4,
Wow your last week as year 4 pupils, crazy! But I can’t wait to see you all in 7 weeks when you’re year 5’s!
Thank you to those children that have sent in letters this week, I loved reading each of them and it’s great to hear what you’ve been getting up to. If you haven’t sent in your letter please try to do it this weekJ.
This week in writing we are looking at poetry and will be writing a different style of poem each day on a different topic. On the year 4 page there is a PowerPoint with a spinner on it, this will also help you choose your subject. The options are:
And the subjects are
If there’s a topic you’d really like to write about you could also choose this for some of the days.
Once you’ve used the poetry spinner, you will then need to learn about that style of poem. I have attached PowerPoint’s on the year 4 page, so you will need to look at these to help you learn about the poetry features. You will also then need to complete the planning sheet. Once you have done this you should write your poem. I recommend you spend around 45 minutes per day doing your writing, so if you prefer you could write one style of poem over two days
In maths you will be continuing to use Oak Academy and this week you will be looking at shape.
This is our final week of Ancient Greeks and this week you will be learning about the Trojan War. If you wish to do any science then please look at last weeks science work, but choose a different experiment.
In spelling we will be revising what you have learnt this half term. Maybe you could also ask you grownup to do you a spelling test?
In reading you will be continuing to read the same book Jazz Harper Space Explorer.
Last week I set you a quiz, below are the answers!
- How long has Miss Hunt worked at Whiston J and I for?
- What after school club did Mrs Haines run?
- What is Miss Hunt’s first name?
- Can you name the 6 topics we studied during Y4? (including your home learning)
Ocean, Enterprise, Rainforest, ‘Book week’- Pollution and the environment, Romans, Greeks
- What subject does Miss Hunt lead in school?
- What is Miss Hunt’s dog called?
- Where did we go on our 1st trip in Y4?
- How many children does Mrs Haines have?
- How many pupils are there in our class?
31 (someone new will also be starting in September!)
- What pets does Mrs Haines have?
- How old is Miss Hunt?
- Which country did Mrs Haines live in before she got married?
- What is Miss Hunt’s favourite hobby?
- What was the title of the most recent book we read in guided reading?
Running wild- Michel Morpurgo
- What breed of dog does Miss Hunt have?
Have a lovely week!
Miss Hunt <3
WALT: Revise spellings we have learnt this half term
I wonder if I could ask for your
help? I’m sometimes a little clumsy with my spelling. Could you help me to
spot my mistakes?
|Spelling Activity.pdf||[pdf 189KB]|
|Spelling Dictation Activities.pdf||[pdf 46KB]|
|Spelling Dictation Activity Book.pdf||[pdf 72KB]|
|Spelling Dictation Activity Cloze Passages.pdf||[pdf 288KB]|
|Spot Mr Whoops' Mistakes Presentation.ppt||[ppt 8MB]|
|Priam's Treasure Fact Posters.pdf||[pdf 2MB]|
|Priam's Treasure Photo Pack.pdf||[pdf 15MB]|