Whiston Junior and Infant
Our vision for Whiston J & I School is one of high standards achieved through the creative nature of the curriculum offered. We have a learning culture of high and realistic expectations of everyone, children and adults alike.
We believe that active participation in learning is crucial, engaging children as active participants in their learning, not simply recipients of knowledge. Children are not seen as vessels to be filled. We provide opportunities for problem solving, creativity and independence in order to promote confidence and maturity.
There are many aspects of the educational process that we judge to be non negotiable, views that we hold with a passion about children’s education.
- High expectations for every child to achieve their full potential, whatever their circumstances, by providing them with the foundations for future learning and for success in life;
- An ethos that nurtures, cares and provides a safe and secure learning environment for all children.
- School visits, as they play a vital role in providing children with first hand experiences of the topics being studied;
- The richness and diversity of experiences both within and outside the curriculum offer opportunities for success, independence and well developed self esteem and confidence for all children;
- A high quality learning environment where the display of children’s work is paramount. This develops an ethos of high expectation and helps promote a sense of pride and achievement.
- A school that builds partnerships with families and the wider community.
- The promotion and the development of tolerance and respect for others, valuing all regardless of gender, religious belief and ethnicity to ensure that all learners have equality of opportunity.