Link to Trust General Documents page which includes Directors/member info: https://whitewoodsprimaryacademytrust.co.uk/resource-type/general-documents/
The Chair of Governors is: Mr David Fitzgibbons
Address c/o: Whiston Junior and Infant school, Saville Road. Whiston. Rotherham. S60 4DX
Effective governance is based on six key features:
Strategic leadership that sets and champions vision, ethos and strategy.
Accountability that drives up educational standards and financial performance.
People with the right skills, experience, qualities and capacity.
Structures that reinforce clearly defined roles and responsibilities.
Compliance with statutory and contractual requirements.
Evaluation to monitor and improve the quality and impact of governance.
School governors are responsible for making decisions about how the school is run. They meet at least once a term at school. They have legal duties, powers and responsibilities.
School governors are:
- Staff at the school
- Community representatives (business people) called co-opted
Parent Governors bring the views of parents to the governing body, but they speak as individuals. They have equal status in the work of the governing body with voting rights.
REGISTER OF INTEREST: Please see the attachment below for the register of interest and attendance record. This will be updated termly.
Governing Body Meetings 2023 - 24
- Monday 25th September at 5pm
- Monday 11th December at 5pm
- Monday 18th March at 5pm
- Monday 1st July at 5pm
|July 2023 Register of Interest & Attendance Record .docx (1).pdf||Download|
|Whiston Junior and Infant School Register of Business Interests - WJI.pdf||Download|
|June 2023 Register of Interest & Attendance Record .docx.pdf||Download|
|December 2022 Register of Interest & Attendance Record .docx.pdf||Download|
|November 2022 Register of Interest & Attendance Record .docx.pdf||Download|
|October 2022 Register of Interest & Attendance Record .docx.pdf||Download|
|September 2022 Register of Interest & Attendance Record .docx (1).pdf||Download|
Chair of Governors
Vice Chair Governor
To be confirmed September 2023
Governor's Privacy Notice and Data Protection
The Governance Handbook
Whiston J&I School is the data controller for governor information
The categories of governor information that we process include:-
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (such as name, date of birth, contact details and postcode)
- Governance details (such as role, term of office, photographs and training attended)
- Pecuniary Interests (Information about pecuniary or business held by you or your family members)
How we use governor information:-
- Maintain a governor database
- Contacting governors regarding meetings and communicating relevant documents.
- Contacting governors regarding training opportunities
Who we share your personal information with:-
- We have a statutory obligation to publish governor details on our website and the national ‘Get Information About Schools’ (GIAS) website
Keeping your personal information secure:-
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidently lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
To find out more about the role of governor, click on the link: https://www.nga.org.uk/